Fish Tag Refurbishment
Policy & Pricing
Effective October 1, 2018
As a courtesy to our customers, Microwave Telemetry, Inc. (MTI) refurbishes devices at its sole and absolute discretion. Refurbishment of a device is an involved process and the price we charge for this service in no way reflects the cost of parts and specialized labor required. In many instances, we cannot be certain that the refurbishment will be successful until all of the work has been completed and the device is tested. Therefore, we cannot schedule shipment of refurbished units until after our assessment. In order for MTI to provide the most accurate estimate of refurbishment services please follow the procedures outlined below.
- MTI is no longer able to refurbish/rebuild PSAT PTT-100s and X-Tags which were built prior to Dec 2011 (Serial numbers <19840). Refurbishment/rebuilding of these units is no longer possible due to incompatible components.
- Prior to returning tags to us for refurbishment/rebuilding, you must submit a complete production form. A copy of the production form must also be included when shipping the tags to be refurbished/rebuilt.
- You must confirm that the IDs for all Argos PTTs are in a valid Argos program. You can contact CLS to restore any returned Argos ID numbers if necessary.
- All returned tags must be packed in their original packaging and shipped via Federal Express (FedEx), which is our preferred carrier. Devices returned via other carriers often incur Customs clearance charges which we must pass through to you. Please refer to Fish Tag Refurbishment Procedure for instructions on international returns.
- Each unit is eligible for only one (1) refurbishment.
- As part of our assessment process we will determine if the transmitter’s memory storage is intact and if the embedded data can be extracted. If the data can be successfully extracted we will provide the recovered data to its owner.
MTI reserves the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, whether a tag can be refurbished/rebuilt. If a returned tag cannot be refurbished, MTI reserves the right to dispose of the tag in an environmentally responsible manner.
As always, please contact us with any questions or concerns.
FISH TAG REFURBISHMENT/REBUILD PRICES
|PRICE (IN U.S. DOLLARS)*|
|* Shipping cost and potential duties/taxes are not included in the stated prices.|
** The cost to rebuild PSAT PTT-100s and X-Tags includes a new pressure sensor, new light sensor, new battery, new housing, and optional programming change (everything but the circuit board).
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Microwave Telemetry, Inc. does not provide any warranty whatsoever, neither express nor implied, for any refurbished unit. The reverse engineering or attempted reverse engineering of any MTI product or technology is strictly prohibited.